The Holy Qur’an has been divided into themes that will help visualise and memorise the Holy Qur’an. The original source of the mind maps have been translated from the farsi book “Building Blocks of the Holy Qur’an” (ساختار سوره های قرآن کریم). The author states that both reputable and accepted sources of Shia and Ahle-Sunnah references have been used in the development of these mind maps, with special attention given to “Al-Mizan: Exegesis of the Holy Qur’an” by Syed Tabatabai.
Benefits of the mind maps are:
- Overall picture of the Surahs and themes within it.
- Memorisers can have a visual overview to help with the process of memorisation and maintenance.
- Teachers of the Holy Qur’an can use the mind maps to present a complete crash course on the Holy Qur’an over seventeen sessions of 90 minutes each.
- Over the month of Ramadhan, these mind maps can be used to present, along with the daily recitation of the Holy Qur’an, the contents of each of the thirty chapters of the Holy Qur’an over a 45 minute session.
- Offices and schools can print these mind maps to be hung upon walls in classes and corridors to help maintain familiarity of the Holy Qur’an.
- Exegesis, explanations and developments in the understanding the Holy Qur’an can be made easier and simpler with presentations of the mind maps.
Given the detailed analysis of each surah and presentation, we believe this is the first of its kind in the English language.